Last Modified: June 24, 2021
What we do with your personally identifiable information
“Personally Identifiable Information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your user ID and password (if applicable) for use of the PinSeeker Apps
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s or device’s domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer or device is located on the Internet
- the device identifier and the IP address assigned to any mobile device used to access our services;
- the location of any mobile device used to access our services;
- session data for your login session, so that our Services can ‘talk’ to your computer or mobile device while you are logged in.
If you do provide Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our offerings and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to permit you to make use of the PinSeeker Apps;
- to confirm the location from which the PinSeeker Apps are being accessed using your mobile device;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of PinSeeker, PinSeeker’s users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that might not be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer and the device identifier and the IP address assigned to any mobile device used to access our services. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Website(s) and services, research and development, and customer and account administration.
Cookies and Third Party Technologies
We may use “cookies” and other tracking technologies to detect whether you’re properly logged in to the PinSeeker Apps or our website, to provide functionality and services tailored to individual user preferences, to monitor the performance of the PinSeeker Apps or our website and to conduct advertising and marketing related activities through and in connection with the PinSeeker Apps or our website. If you set up your web browser so that cookies are not allowed (such as by activating the “Do Not Track” function), you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website.
We use certain third-party technologies in connection with the PinSeeker Apps or our website and the marketing activities we conduct in connection with the PinSeeker Apps or our website, including the following third-party technologies:
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Google Ads (AdWords): Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook/Instagram: Facebook remarketing service and Instagram are both provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting service providers with whom we have contracted. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
We provide paid products and/or services within the PinSeeker Apps or our website. We use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their respective privacy policies. These payment processors are required to adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
We may grant access to your personal data to trusted third parties who assist us in operating the PinSeeker Apps and our website(s) and services and conducting our business, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. This may include service providers that provide IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer support and data enrichment, legal and financial services, to the extent such sharing of data is necessary for customer support, marketing, technical operations and account management purposes.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off our website(s) and services when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software; and
- to follow the instructions set forth in the Choices section of this policy to communicate your preferences with respect to how certain personal information is handled.
Transferring personal data from the EU to the US
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
Under the CCPA you may request the following information about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information during the 12-month period preceding the request:
- the categories of personal information collected
- the categories of sources from which we obtained your personal information
- the business purpose for our collection of your personal information
- the categories of the third parties with whom we have shared your personal information
- the specific pieces of personal information about you we collected
The CCPA also allows you to request that we delete personal information we collected from you.
California residents can exercise their rights by sending a request by email to [email protected] or by writing to us at 908 S 8th Street, 3rd Floor, Louisville, KY 40203. We will need to verify your identity and place of residence before fulfilling your request. You will not be denied goods or services for exercising any of these rights. Even if you are not a resident of California, you may submit a request and we will process it in the manner described in this policy, even though the CCPA does not require us to do so.
We will endeavor to process requests within one month. We will contact you if we need additional information respecting your request. It might take us longer than a month to process some requests, depending upon the complexity and number of requests we receive.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use PinSeeker’s website(s) and service(s). PinSeeker does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
To access or edit or delete your personal information, if any, in our possession, visit your account profile in the PinSeeker app. To delete your profile or personal information, contact us at [email protected]
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, email communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any marketing email we send. Unsubscribing from marketing emails will not unsubscribe you from transactional emails such as purchase confirmations or shipping notifications should we send such transactional emails.